A great, gluten free pancake recipe
Quinoa flour, banana, eggs and cinnamon make up this delicious, gluten free pancake recipe. I was pleasantly surprised with how flavorful they were and didn't feel the need to add any syrup. As such, these pancakes work great to make ahead and grab for breakfast or snack on the road.
Why use quinoa flour?
Quinoa flour is a gluten-free wheat flour substitute. Ground into a fine powder, this nutty flour is high in protein and extremely versatile in baking and makes a great high-nutrient addition to smoothies.
Quick tip: Substitute for 1/4 amount regular wheat flour in recipes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Mike's Mix Quiona Flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Put the banana in a bown and mash with a fork.
- Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the Quiona Flour and cinnamon to the mix and stir
- Add any additions to pancakes (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc)- optional
- Heat butter or oil over medium heat in a pan
- Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into pan, cook for approximately 1 1/2 minutes, flip and cook for 1 minute. Pancake should be golden brown on both sides.
Recipe as is makes about 6-8 pancakes, depending on size.