A delicious alternative to the ordinary and routine PB & J
Just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, this PB & J Protein Smoothie is quick and easy to make and can be consumed on the go. Make with fresh or frozen fruit or try it with different nut butters for variety.
Benefits of Nut Butters
Nuts and nut butters are a great source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. When shopping for peanut butter, look for a natural style product with little to no added fat or sugar.
Need more reasons to include peanut butter in your diet? Read these:
- The Benefits of Peanut Butter by Prevention.com
- Is Peanut Butter Healthy? Answer by Harvard Medical School
- Nutty About Peanut Butter by WebMD
Looking to use this recipe or another as a meal replacement? Add leafy greens, flax seed and/or chia seeds to boost your nutrients.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 scoop Mike’s Mix Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I used creamy style)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- You can substitute a frozen banana if you want a creamier smoothie.
- Combine ingredients, blend and enjoy!